Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Scared of the Unknown. Take your Power BACK

You ever been scared. Has a situation or person just shook you to your core? Now dig this; has a situation you left and had to revisit upset you?

I know, I know, why are you going back to the situation if it upsets you? Cause you are compelled. You feel the need to address it. Advocate for someone or something. You feel compelled to be an agent of change. Perhaps your reason isn't so noble; perhaps the way the situation ended badly and you need to fight for a better solution. Perhaps you just need to have your voice heard.

I am there. I am compelled to revisit a situation for a cornucopia of reasons. Number 1; the situation ended badly and I need to have my voice heard. Period. Point Blank. Now if I end up being an agent for change in the process...cool, but You WILL Hear Me!!

Perhaps that is why I am scared. I was hurt by the actions taken against me. I was aghast that this could happen to ME!!. Passion and insecurity colored my brain and covered my soul. I could not think.  Although, I knew what to do, inertia set in. I procrastinated. I bitched about it. I followed the timeline and met deadlines; but I made feeble attempts to prepare my case.  THEN, every communication from the entity  I am battling, HURT.  Why, does it hurt?  I did not get it. How, can someone or something that no longer had power over me, be so powerful? Simply, because I allowed it.

We are so quick to give our power away. We communicate that we are powerless in our inaction, feeble actions, whining, bitching and procrastination. Well, you know what ,I AM TAKING MY POWER BACK.  How am I doing this? I am confronting it. I am owning the outcome. I am bracing myself and facing the situation. My dad used to say, a mole hill to someone is a mountain to someone else. He also used to say, climb the wall, go around the wall or kick the mother fucker down!!

So, Today, just for Today take your POWER BACK...do not allow anyone, any situation to make you feel weak, worthless or powerless. This is your world and they are just a squirrel trying to get a nut.

I am owning Today....will you?

Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment