Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Suicide....the pain it seems to cure

I am very sad. I am sadden by the loss of a great talent.  I am sad that about whatever pain caused Robin Williams to end his life.
Suicide is the curtain coming down. There is no coming back. It's despondency at its worst.
If love could have saved him, he would still be here.
If money could have saved him, he would have still been here.
I believed he tried to get help but that the pain was insurmountable.

I have been there. I have been so despondent that I did not want to wake up. I couldn't pray it away. Noone could love it away.  I had to seek help and the situation that was the catalyst had to end.

Suicide is something that is spoken with disdain.  He had everything to live for.  Suicide is wound. Depression and mental illness is the disease.
This disease is not spoken about in the African American community.  We are to be strong.  Pull ourselves up by our boot straps.

This is the persona that we portray. When in reality,  we are swimming in doubt and hurt. We fill the gaping hole with food, drugs,  alcohol, sex and other bad behavior. Yet we never seek mental help..because it's taboo.

I still struggle with depression.  I speak to my friends, family, exercise. I continue to push on. I know that I am not alone.

I also check on my friends.  I reach out. I offer a non judgemental ear. I offer love and encourage them to get help.

I leave you with this, I love you. I don't want to lose you. Seek help if it gets too hard. Help is here, please accept it.
http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

The Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva
Www.opndoor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment