Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, November 28, 2014

Thankful, Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Today is Black Friday and folks are out there. They are sitting in front of stores all night. They have been there since Thanksgiving. They are camping out to obtain some type of possession that they want but may not need.

Now don't get me wrong, I ain't hating. I've been out there too. In the cold and dark. It is fun, but then you go through. You cut expenses and then you realize that just having the basics; enough.

I am thankful for enough. I have had many fun Thanksgivings. In the 80's, I would go to Toni's moms house, Casandra's moms house and back to mine. Houses full of people, laughter, loud talking and fussing. Houses full of love.

I don't remember us breaking our necks for black Friday. We only broke our necks to be amongst our friends and families.  I am thankful that the Universe decided to intervene and change my focus. I intend to remain there.

Be thankful for your family, be thankful for the memories, be thankful for the love, be thankful for the laughter, be thankful for the loud talking and fussing. Be thankful for the houses full of love. If you got the basics, home, food, family, internet :)...you are good.

The Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment