Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2016

Diagnosis of Breast Cancer, this day will go down in infamy

8 years ago today, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I did not know what stage, but I did know that I was going to fight. During this time span, I lost and gain so much. I've lost my mom, some friends and my good govt job. I gained a solid husband, friendships , renewed friendships, strengthened family ties and my own business. I learned that I was resilient, smart, determined and resourceful.
I also learned that I am no hero nor courageous because I survived this illness experience. I say that because we all have survived some catastrophic event or trauma. I am however a annihilator. From day one, I was determined to fight and fight to the death to save my life, so I dubbed myself the cancer annihilator.
I say to you thank you for standing with me, beside me and behind me. Know this tha.t what ever you are facing. .stand and fuckin face it. You are a warrior and warriors fight to the death.
So, Stand and rely on faith, tenacity and purpose. You will get through and past this.
I am Vick the Cancer Annihilator and I approve this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment