Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Think before you pink

10/1...let the pink washing begin.
I was diagnosed with breast cancer on 2/26/08. To say my life changed is an understatement.
Breast cancer is not pink and fuzzy. Its no fun and it sucks. Although, I am thankful for the awareness October brings. The pinking of America is overwhelming.
October we see pink wine, pink chocolate, pink liquor, pink beer, pink wine coolers, pink cleets...shoot pink dog collars. Who gets this money and how does it help cancer patients?
Bet you don't know?
Think before you pink is a great awareness campaign started by the breast action network.
http://www.bcaction.org/
It pulls the lid off all the organizations that we think are helping and they really aren't.
When I was diagnosed with breast cancer...I choose to move past survival... I chose to embrace a warrior sprit..I chose to be an breast cancer annihilator. I wanted cancer to know that I will destroy it...it will face a formidable enemy.
That ladies and gentlemen ain't soft and fuzzy and it ain't pink.  Pink ribbons are the universal sign for breast cancer. I honor my sisters and brothers who are still here and who have gone on to glory.
I just ask before you overdose in pink ribbon products...think before you pink. ..you just may be throwing money down the drain.
Vick the breast cancer annihilator
The Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment