Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Stunned at the loss of a visionary

On Friday, I was stunned by the loss of one of my Sorors, Bonita Jackson Butler aka BeeJae.

I came across BeeJae in the late 90s, she had started a website known as DeltaNet. She was instrumental in the National Chapters internet presence.

Intelligent, forthright, candid and sometimes snarky, she knew the business of Delta and all its nuances and protocols.  I befriended her again in 08, in another web presence.  I soon found her to be funny and friendly.  She was compassionate and generous.  I soon embraced her humor and snarkness..she meant no harm.

I soon reveled in her internet love story, Her Larry.  He became joyfully her knight in shiny armor. I gained strength and hope from her stroke battle and hope from the love and support she received from her ,Larry.
When her mother died, I reached out...but did not follow up..I am sadden by that.

When, I learned of her kidney disease,  I shuddered as this was my mom's demise. I still had hope. Hope that with her Larry, she would overcome this too.

I was stunned to learn that was not to be. I am sadden by her passing and I am hopeful that the sorors in Delaware and the Grand Chapter come out to honor one of our visionaries.

BeeJae you will be missed and you were loved by many.

No comments:

Post a Comment