Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve was always special to me. My parents always went out and brought back noise makers and paper hats.

They would wake us up, with champagne and whiskey soaked kisses. News Year's Day would consist of mommy's biggest breakfast ever.

Fast forward as a young adult, I partied at every club in hampton roads,  hotel and house parties.
I established a tradition with my 2nd niece and always called her at 12 her time on new year's eve.

Who knew that I would meet  the love of my life on New Year's Eve.
2002, Sabrina and I stay overnight at a hotel in Norfolk.

She and I walked down stairs and there he was, resplendent in Armani.  I introduced myself and he ignored me.
I lit a cigar and here he comes. Our relationship began.
Our relationship has not been perfect.  We have endured bad decisions, ugly fights, death of loved ones, loss of jobs and cancer.
Yet we are still standing. He is my best friend and the love of my life. He is the second man that I know,  I can depend on. The first was my daddy.
Here's to champagne touched kisses and vodka/gin soaked laughter.  I will be spending New Year's Eve with the most important man in my life, My husband Terry.
Happy New Year folks..go into 2016 brave and bold!!

Love you..
Vick the Communication Diva
Www.opndoor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment