Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Selma 50 and me

3/7/15-50 yrs..bloody Sunday
Selma, Alabama. A black President. A young man who was beaten and bloodied on that bridge is a US Congressman.
I can work on a proposal for my business. I can sit at a table with brilliant Ecsu graduates and strategize. I can fellowship with my sorors..freely. I can celebrate my besties niece and her husband's baby. I can mc my sorors beautiful 40 th.
Yet..we are not done. Selma .
Bloody Sunday put brutality main stream... Change ..came
.We are not done. ..we cannot stop.
Fear must not stop us...
50 short years ago..black ..white.Jew..christian..stood together against legal tyranny.

But we are not done..step by step..folks are trying to dismantle.
Our work..ou r rights..we cannot stop
Let's not let this be a moment
Let this be a movement
Register to vote
Vote
Engage in your community
Vote
Speak out
Plan
Speak out
Vote
#repeat
Vick the Communication Diva
Www.opndoor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment