Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Mother's Day...is painful

I am not an orphan,  I had parents. I am not a mother, so please don't wish me happy mother's day. I had a mother. She was funny, smart, annoying, over bearing, driven, cute, loving, supportive and thoughtful.
We had the best time together. She was open to everyone and everything. She had a strong faith in God and loved her husband. She loved and supported her children. She took great joy in knowing and loving her grandchildren. She was the best mother n law. Supportive, loving and just a little nosey/judgemental.  Lol.
When she died, my world crumbled. I felt as if my heart had been snatched from my chest.
Holidays, Mother's Day and birthdays were big for Bobbie Jean.
She celebrated them and she liked you to celebrate her. Man did we celebrate her. .clothes..suits..shoes. .cards...concerts. trips..dinners..lunches. .brunches..boat rides...jewelry. .perfume..plays..massages. She would clap and giggle and laugh. Her crooked grin would warm my heart. Since she left, mother's day has been painful sometimes heartbreaking.
The ritual of celebrating her is gone.
I am not a orphan. I am not a mother less child. I am a daughter whose mother died and whose mother is missed. Missed very much.
Please be kind and empathetic to to folks who are in this position. .just be kind.

I am Vickie Renea Williams  Cullins and I am the proud daughter of Bobbie Jean Williams and I always will be.
Vick the Communication Diva
Www.opndoor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment