Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 13, 2015

This week!## Rachel

This week sees the world aghast at the unmitigated gall of rachel dolezal 's deception. For years, she has stated that she was black. This is the ultimate catfish. Her parents called her out, she was born white.

Much discussion had been made on twitter, facebook, instagram and other forms of social media.  Some lauded the civil rights work that she performed in the community. Some stated that she should be forgiven. Others are disturbed and upset about her behavior. Some are upset with her parents for divulging her secret.

I am disappointed in her behavior. I am disgusted with her deception. I believe she had sociopathic tenacities. Her level of deceit was so egregious; she believed it.

I believe in forgiveness and accountability. She had owned nothing. That disturbs me. Her comfortability with assimilation into a culture and heritage that is historically marginalized is maddening.

The fact that folks are ok with this...is unbelievable.

I am a proud black woman. I am not ok, not ok at all.

So miss me with the sympathy; I got bigger fish to fry...such as #blacklivesmatter,  police brutality, poverty, and building my community.

Go get help miss  rachel...

http://bluenationreview.com/dear-rachel-a-letter-from-goldie-taylor-to-racheldolezal/#ixzz3cuCBrDdI

No comments:

Post a Comment