Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Success, am I afraid of success

I have been asked if I am afraid of success. ...I want to say, no of course not. But that would be a lie. I am and I don't know why.

I am always surprised at my accomplishments, almost as if I don't deserve them,  almost as if someone will take them back. My husband does not get it, I don't either. I am smart and a hard worker. I have overcome obstacles that would cripple most folks.
Yet, I doubt me.

Why? I could go back to  my childhood, my crazy daddy, my college years and my first boyfriend. Was it my cancer, my fires,  my bestfriend dying of aids, my dad dying oe finding my mommy dead. Or, was it the firing from my job. My brother, thinks it was my first real job, I was failing and I bailed. That's been almost 30 yrs. It does, infect ...me...like cancer.

I am not weak by any means, but I am flesh and bone. I am tough, but  I carry a hurt....I know I deserve success, I just got to believe it, too.

Vick the Communication Diva
Www.opndoor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment