Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2014

My Word is Bond-Commitment

As many of you know I am a member of Delta Sigma Theta Inc. I work very hard in the name of my sorority. I have honed my leadership and organization skills under her wings.
On 4/26/14, 46 women became new members of my sorority.  46 accomplished, smart, driven, creative women crossed over. The Decade of DSTinction is the line name they carry with pride.
For a finite period of time I worked with these ladies. During this time I committed my time and efforts to ensure they understood the importance of allegiance and faithfulness.  Understand the beauty of kindness. Embrace the importance of authenticity.
I stuck with it. Although,  I was tired; it was a joy.  I had the opportunity to display my gifts and talents; which they eagerly absorbed.
Tired is relative when you have to press on. I gave my word. As my daddy, Ray C. said: "My word is stronger then my name on a contract. My word is my bond."
I stand by that moto. If I commit, I show up. My actions illustrated that. It showed I believed in my organization and the women they were bringing in.
Do you throw your promises about?
Do you renege often? Do people hesitate to ask you for help? Remember your word is you Brand! It illustrates who you are.
How do you want to be drawn in the book of life? As shaky and colorless or with strong solid unshakeable colors?
You pick.
Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment