Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Violence is Violation of my Space. What can be done? What can we do?

I have a right to leave in a city without violence. I have a right drive on the highways without fear of being shot. Violence is a violation of my space. Yep, it truly is.

What is becoming of our society that people believe that have a right to react in a manner that is so violent and vile? Who gave them permission?

Its not just young black folks, its not just young white folks, its not just educated folks, its not just rich folks, it is folks...just folks.

Its not thugs anymore. Naaaa, its not. Its young people who have no moral compass. Like this young girl who believed it was ok to hire someone to kill her family. Really?

Or this woman in an argument with her brother over weed? She killed him and now her entire family is in turmoil.

What about the director's son who killed 6 people? He had a plan to kill women and he posted it. What in the world?

What about the 2 shootings on I64? Who does that? What motivates you to shoot people as you are driving on a highway?

It seems as if folks no longer have a moral compass nor do they have the ability to control their impulses. Ok, it is not like serial killers and violent folks have not existed throughout time. It is just that now, we are bombarded with their actions. We have become an instantaneous society. We all want people to know what we have done now!! We post it on the internet utilizing various modes of social media. We are drawn to the drama. We want to become the drama. We seemly feel as if we have a right to impose our wills on anyone. Then when we are caught we apologize. We pray. We ask God for forgiveness.

I get it, but when will we think before we act. I get the 2nd amendment, but I do not want to go into Target and see a cat with an assault rifle. We might get mad at each other in line and he may shoot me. That is a reality folks. I believe if you start to see folks of color in Target with assault rifles, you may think twice.

Violence has become interwoven into our existence. We all have to develop the ability to watch our backs and give folks the side eye. We need to control our impulses and instill in ourselves and our children a moral compass.  Folks, you do not have the right to violate my personal space with Violence. I will not stand for it and you should not either. Right is right and Wrong is wrong.

Know the difference and if you choose to do wrong, own the results of your actions.

I do not know what has caused this huge surge of violent activity. I am not sure if it is mental illness, no morals, sexual abuse, no home training, poor parenting, drug abuse....I can go on and on. For all, I know it could be a combination of them all or none at all. The person could just be a psychopath. Oh, I forgot that is mental illness, my bad,  I digress.

Regardless, this is our community. You have the ability to affect your small sphere. Use your powers for good.  Impact your small sphere in a positive manner.

The Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment