Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

ECSU IN DANGER

Elizabeth City State University is my alma mater. I pledged Delta there. I made life long friends there. I love ECSU.
Yesterday, my beloved University was in danger of CLOSING. OMG!!!!
The NC State Senate was going to do a "study" about our sustainability or our worth. We have had our challenges. However, we did not deserve this.
Well, when the word got out......baby we rallied. We rose like the Phoenix.  The NC Senate heard us. They removed the motion off the table.
Vikings and Historically Black College Graduates heaved a collective sigh.....But our fight is not over.
We are being looked at with the side eye. What can we do?
We got to give back. I am shamed to say, I have not paid alumni dues in years.....I go to Homecoming but take no interest in my Alumni association.
I and other Vikings must make a commitment to support our school.
We have to show up and show out..financially and in numbers. We have to or we will go the way of other HBCUS...and be a distant memory.
The Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment