Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's day and btw I am not a fing ORPHAN!!

When my mom passed, the director of the agency said to me: "Vickie, now you are an orphan."

Well, I am not a fucking orphan. Nope, sholl aint.

Well what is an orphan? An orphan is a  child who has lost both parents through death, or, less commonly, one parent.  Well, I lost my mom at 45, so I ain't no orphan.

I am a woman whose mom has gone on to glory. I am a woman who misses her. I am a woman who cannot call her mom on the phone. I am a woman who is sad that she cannot surprise her with a mother's day excursion. I am a woman who cannot visit her mom in person. I am a woman who misses her mommy's hugs. I am a woman who misses shopping with her mommy. I am a woman who misses exploring new restaurants and plays with her mom. I am a woman who misses discussing current  events

I am a daughter who misses her mom terribly. I am a daughter who is so very proud to have had a mother like Bobbie Jean Williams. I am a woman who is very proud to say, I am Vickie R. Williams-Cullins the daughter of Bobbie Jean Williams.

Each year, it gets easier or should I say stings less.

I am no orphan, I am simply a woman who misses her mommy. Who misses her mommy even more on Mother's Day.










The Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva.

No comments:

Post a Comment