Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Cancer bow down

6 years. 6 long years. I have been living with cancer. Since my diagnosis,  I have experienced tremendous losses. I have lost my breast, my mother, friendships, clothes and a job. My finances suffered and my self esteem plummeted.

Then, I rose. I rose to the test.  I gained self esteem.  I received recognition.  I gained true friends.  My husband and I became even stronger. I became a full time entrepreneur.

I was in charge of my life..whew.

Now,  cancer did not bring me these benefits nor did it cause the losses.
What it did do is force me to face my own mortality. I am aware that for today. .I am good. Simply because I am good. .I deserve to capture all the goodness that surrounds me.  I deserve to tell cancer. ..bow down
I am the annihilator. ..recognize.

I am here to tell you..fight.
Fight your naysayers.
Fight doubt.
Fight fear.
Fight despondency.

I am not where I want to be, but I damn sure ain't where I used to be.

Boom shaka laka boom

The Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva
Www.opndoor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment