Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

What will it take?

 
What will it take? Since blacks were brought to this country, we have fought and marched to live equally amongst our brethren. We simply want to be free. We have had to fight for every right that is available to the white man. To be able to walk down the street free of being harassed or killed.
 
From Emmitt Teel to Mike Brown, what will it take? You got the Klu Klux Klan going to Mo to fundraise. You got white groups protesting for the rights of the police officer who murdered Mike Brown. Really?
 
If this boy was white and killed by a black cop in a white neighbor hood, justice would be swift. There would have been an arrest and outrage across the nation. It seems as if the nation believes that we are supposed to be good little niggers or blackies and be satisfied for the status quo.....Well, I aint a nigger and I aint no blackie. I am a Woman and an American Citizen, who is of color.
 
I am determined to be an agent of change, positive change. I will vocalize my view and thoughts. I will vote and I will demand that my public servants develop laws and policies that apply equally to all.
 
Are you registered to vote? Do you vote? After you vote do you speak to your government officials? Do you participate in civil disobedience? Do you write letters to the editor? Do you help returning citizens get their rights restored? Do you empower our children with the truth about our history? Do you inform returning citizens that if they cannot get their right to vote back, that they are still citizens and they are still tax payers and that federal, state and local government officials still WORK FOR THEM?
 
Or do you point fingers and assess blame?
 
I am an active citizen. I am Vickie R. Williams Cullins, I am a registered voter, tax payer, business owner and I approve this message. I hope that you are active too. Simply, because it is going to take all of us to save our children and create a world where little black boys can safely walk in their own neighborhoods without fear of being murdered by the very government officials that our taxes pay to protect us.
 
The Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva
 

No comments:

Post a Comment