Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 19, 2014

A friendship on fire

A marriage requires a number of things to keep it going; Communication, boundaries, same values, intimacy and a friendship on fire.

What is a friendship on fire? It's when you have two people who communicate, are honest with each, open with each other,  have fun, argue, fight fair with each other and support each other. Then you add love to the mix. Love keeps the friendship bubbling and interesting. 

My hubby and I have a great funny difficult marriage.  We are our own persons but we share the same values. We value God, our marriage, our families, our friends and our communities.  We can have fun anywhere.  We are both intelligent quirky folks and can have a wonderful time with just us or with a ton of folks. We each have our own beliefs and we disagree a lot. Arguing is healthy folks!

We connect in a cerebral way. He knows me and I know him. We have challenges and we continously work to be better. 

We set boundaries and have our own activities and friends.  We are not joined at the hip but when we are together, everyone knows.

At ever juncture we support each other. I am now going through the most challenging time in my life and this dude ain't going to let me fail.

T is perfect for me. My marriage is perfect for me. We ain't perfect and don't do everything right...but it works for US!

Your relationship is your unique friendship on fire. Do not allow anyone to judge or destroy it. You choose your best friend and you stay as long as you need to. Be it 48 days or 48 years.

Www.opndoor.com

The Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment