Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, July 25, 2014

Watching from the Sidelines

Someone got the promotion that you wanted.
                       #watchingfromthesidelines

Someone got the new car that you wanted.
                       #watchingfromthesidelines

Someone received the job that you know that you deserved.
                       #watchingfromthesidelines

Someone got a new home.
                      #watchingfromthesidelines

Someone just got married and you still single.
                      #watchingfromthesidelines

Everyone watches from the sidelines. Everyone feels a little tinge of jealousy or envy. If they say that they don't they are not being truthful to themselves. I know that I do. I see folks receive opportunities that I KNOW  that they did not deserve. I have been promised opportunities and the promises seemed to have dissolved in thin air.

At times it gets to me. At times it really does. Then, I realize that there life is not mine. I am amazing. If others don't see it..that's not my fault.  I have to create my niche.

I have to create my opportunity. It is so easy to get caught up in all the doors slamming and the no's being thrown around. The negativity gets under your skin.  You can't seem to shake it, so instead you #watchfromthesidelines.

I am here to whisper in your ear these words:"don't believe the hype."

Get off the bench. Go get your life. Success is unique. Happiness is unique. If you must compare, add the caveat that uniqueness is critical in the equation.

My brother told me, that what is divinely designed for you, is for you. Nothing and I mean nothing can stop it. Own that my friends and soon you no longer will #watchfromthesidelines

The Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment