Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Music soothes the heart, excites the soul and enlightens the mind

I love music. I mean, I ♡music.
I ♡all kind of music. My parents introduced me to country, rock and roll, jazz, classical, old timey gospel and r &b.

My older brothers introduced me to everyone from Bob Marley to Frank Zappa to David Bowie to Elton John. I was in heaven.  Music welcomed me with open arms. Any and everything that I felt was conveyed in the music that I was listening to.

It was poetry with a sound track. Then my brother brought Parliment into our home. What in the world? Who was this black space man talking about funk? Handcuffs? What was this beat? I was transfixed. I had to see this group in concert.

I got my chance. Me , my brother and play cousins went to the Norfolk Scope and saw the mother ship come down. Wow....

Unbeknownst to me, my mind was being expanded and was viewing genius.  I was being shown there are no rules. Free the shackles off your mind. Wowwwwwwwewwww.

On that night I became a funkateer.  I am a fanatic.  I had just been introduced to the soundtrack of my youth. 

Music has the power to comfort and inspire. When I need to feel powerful, I reach for funk as my inspiration.  When I need for my soul to be soothed, I reach for jazz. When I want to feel love, I reach for p hilly soul. When I want to feel closer to God, I reach for old school gospel.

Music is what you need it to be.

"Free your mind and your ass will follow." George Clinton

http://blogs.channel4.com/kylie-morris-blog/pioneer-funk-george-clinton-road-reclaim-legacy/304

The Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment