Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Happy bday Ray C

My daddy was a man's man. Hard working, dreamer, loving, mean, tough, funny,giver, gambler and taker.
He was a good father, good husband, decent business man and loyal friend. He was a fantastic story teller and love to laugh. He laughed loud and his smile lit up a room. He love to dance, a good cocktail and Winston cigarettes. He liked a good scheme, loved to gamble and a all night poker game.  He could sit and drink with royality and be comfortable at a shot house.

He was loyal to his friends and manned up to his missteps. He loved and protected his family with all his might. He would welcome children into his home and would give the shirt off his back to a man in the street. He loved his siblings and tried to be there for them. He could be mean and cruel. He was tough and slick. He wasn't scared of no body.
Most of all, he loved his children. Greatest of all, he loved his wife...his Bob...he brought her everywhere.

He was my first hero. He was the man that I measured every man to. I think of him every day and on this day, I honor him...I miss you daddy..I love you Ray C.

When, I get scared. I think of your courage and tenacity.

I leave y'all with this story. As my daddy lay dying of cancer, I told him, that he will have to stop chemo and we would choose something else.

Ray C. said: "Not u, ur mother fucking mother or your mother fucking brothers will tell me what to do. If I die trying to live, that is my choice."

That right there was classic Ray C.
Happy Bday Daddy, have a drink on me.
Love Vick aka Vickie Boose aka Sissy

The Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva.

No comments:

Post a Comment