Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 25, 2014

What is Christmas really about?

Mistole,chestnuts roasting on a open fire, trees,ortaments, ribbons and lots of presents. Christmastime is about peace and love the commercials say. Come buy this Xbox and this tablet ,the commercials say.
For years articles have been written about the commercialization of Christmas and that we have forgotten that Jesus is the season.
However, i believe that Christmastime, is really what you make it.

I choose to make Christmas about love and redemption. About peace and kindness. About presence instead of presents. About giving of your heart and forgiveness for your soul. I am a believer in Jesus and Christ is my personal savior but if you don't, I honor, respect and support your beliefs.

Since the deaths of my Dad and mom, Christmas has been challenging. Then, I walk into my brother's home, where we have spent so many Christmases.  A place filled with passion and love. Memories so vivid, that they can be felt. New memories that are added like bricks to a house.
New loves that are added like mortar.
I am then reminded that my Christmastime is truly the time that love, strength, reflection, forgiveness and courage renters my heart and soul and all this comes from my family.

So today, I celebrate the gift of presence..may you be gifted with this monumental treasure as well.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Kwanza, Happy hahuhnak,
Peace and Joy
The Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment