Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, December 19, 2014

Restoration of rights monumental change

Ten years ago, I was introduced to the restoration of rights process. I had no idea it even existed. I studied it and became a self appointed expert. In 09,  I became a self appointed advocate. I spoke about it. I trained groups on the process. I joined several advocates in lobbying for change.
I was invited to join the secretary of the commonwealth ad hoc work group. We worked hard to stream line the process administratively.
Changes were made. The process was expedited. Awareness was raised. Then yesterday, I watch Governor Mc aullife shorten the more serious offenders application to one page.
Whatttttttttttttttt!!!
I was thrilled. Now make no mistake it is only and administrative change but it is a monumental shift....
Change can happen folks if we work together to push it through.

Restoration of rights clinic

12/22/14 @main street lib

5:30pm-7:30pm

Www.opndoor.com


http://wavy.com/2014/12/18/va-shortens-process-for-felons-to-seek-rights-restoration/

No comments:

Post a Comment