Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, October 20, 2014

Blood Work.....Scan

Blood work.......scan.....scan!!

Well I am ready to start chemo. I get my blood work back and Dr. Kim says no chemo right yet. I am like why. Says my liver levels are high, she must do a scan to eliminate that it may have spread to my liver. I am like what are  you talking about. I am pissed and I am scared. I do not know what to think. I can't even talk about it. Terry is scared. But brother is solid. Solid! He loves me, he is not going no damn where.
I talk very little about it. Very little. I have to embrace the worse in order to deal. That is how I do it. I face it, I man up. I handle it. Than I let the chips fall where they may.
One thing about Dr. Kim, she schedules stuff fast. You do not have to wait. I go to the MRI, once they inject me with the liquid iodine, I discover I am allergic. Who knew?
We go through the process and I talk to Dr. Kim. There is nothing on my liver. But she sees a spot on my bone. Fuck! you got to be kidding me. I am so over this. I am like let’s just put some chemo in me and go.
She understands my issue! (Yeah right) at least she is compassionate. In order to treat me effectively she must understand what I am dealing with. I am like ok, she said do you want a brain scan. I am like nope. This is the last one. The stress of the scans are tremendous. Tremendous. I have to reach in my pocket for that Ray C. Williams Courage. You see my daddy, Ray C. Williams...stood up to anything and everything. From losing his dad, his business, going to jail and his life. My daddy may have faltered but the dude never fell. Never fell. I am his daughter, I may falter but baby I will not fall. So when I get scared, I think about my daddy. He has my back, he and God!
So now we have the freaking bone scan. That was easy! As always, Terry is right with me.
Having him with me...has made a tremendous impact in my life. I feel as if I got a partner! I feel like I can depend on him to take care of me. Really take care of me.
We go to see Dr. Kim.....bone scan show arthritis! Yeah, yeah, now we have chemo..........






Chemotherapy and Integrative Medicine Services

Before I start chemo. Terry and I had to go through an introduction of what could happen to us and what services the Peninsula Cancer Institute provides to me and him.
We receive a big notebook about everything from what chemo is, what side effects to expect, what to eat, what not to eat and what services they provide . They provide a full length massage to each chemo patient for free. They provide training on imagery, they will provide a private room if needed, music therapy (personal IPOD), pet therapy, personal nurses and the best and most friendliest staff.
Our heads were swimming with this information. But we were ready.....ready to do the damn thing.
Now you may wonder what Chemotherapy is. What type am I taking and what are the side effects?
Chemotherapy : Chemotherapy is any treatment involving the use of drugs to kill cancer cells. Cancer chemotherapy may consist of single drugs or combinations of drugs, and can be administered through a vein, injected into a body cavity, or delivered orally in the form of a pill. Chemotherapy is different from surgery or radiation therapy in that the cancer-fighting drugs circulate in the blood to parts of the body where the cancer may have spread and can kill or eliminate cancers cells at sites great distances from the original cancer. As a result, chemotherapy is considered a systemic treatment.
The type of chemotherapy I had was delivered through a port. This port was inserted in my chest over my left breast and it is called the Groshong Port: (it is a Skin-tunneled venous catheters).
I would recommend getting one of these ports, even though it was my 5th surgical procedure in 8 weeks (3/3/08-5/3/08) for the following reasons: with all these surgeries my veins were shot, I wanted to avoid a stick for any reason what so ever, it does not hurt, you are just hooked up and you are just chilling while you get chemo and last but not least, they can draw blood from there without any problems. My port has worked like charm.
I am taking a chemo cocktail called TAC: it is a combination of 3 powerful chemo drugs that previous clinical trials have proved to be a powerful breast cancer killer. This cocktail has very funky side effects, but it has proven to be a great deterrent to the breast cancer coming back. Therefore I am willing to go to through the fire to get to the other side.
Good chemo site to check out:























No comments:

Post a Comment