Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Day before Dr. Eric B!


Now my nurse navigator-Yvonne Pike- specifically told me not to search the Internet. She warned me that it may be information overload. That it could cause me undue anxiety.

So of course I listened. NOT. Went straight to the Internet. Another characteristic I have is that I am a researcher, know it all, information junkie, Internet guru, if it is available on the Net. Sweetie I can find it.

So of course I went to searching. I found some great resources:







And my personal favorite Y me now known as Breast Cancer Network of Strength...why I liked them is that they had a personal network of people who have been in your shoes they match your experience to someone else who had the same experience. Now I know earlier, I said I did not want to talk to anyone... but this was a little different. I will tell you why later.

Any who, as Yvonne had predicted. The information was over whelming. But I handled it. I wanted to go into this surgeon “Dr. B “armed with information. I did not want to be just listening, I wanted to be an active listener. Be able to ask intelligent questions and engage in productive dialogue.

So though the information was overwhelming I felt it prepared me and Terry to be the project managers of the biggest project ever... ...my Life!
 
Vick the Communication Diva

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment