Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My First Chemo-5/16/2008...........and its sideeffects ugh

May 16...first chemo...and I am Fly sweetie

May 16th first chemo. I have read everything. I am confident. I am sure since it is my Auntie's B-day it cannot be that bad.
Terry takes me to chemo and drops me off. He says he just cannot handle chemo. Just cannot watch me go through it. I am like ok, no worries. I can handle it.
I am fly, I have on my little cute sweat suit. My cute little heels. Face it beat up baby, beat up! (For you folks who do not know what "beat up" means I have on my full make up) I am equipped! My mom bought me a portable DVD player. Red of course (Delta Sigma Theta, Baby)...I got DVDs Marvin Gaye in Amsterdam, Dolemite, books (love mysteries)...Cd's I am ready.
My nurse is Ms. Patty. She is wonderful! Her personality is awesome. First she takes my blood work. Have to make certain, I have the ability to have chemo. Everything is a go! Than she hooks me up to the nausea drugs, steroids, saline...than we have the first chemo. She watched Marvin Gaye with me , she loved it. Than I had to turn the sister on to Dolemite....Down in the Jungle Deep where the signifying monkeys sleep! She laughed and laughed and laughed.

The first chemo treatment last from 9-3:00 pm. I am just chilling. A small allergic reaction. My girlfriend drops me off a little lunch from Ruby Tuesday’s. Everything is cool.
Until I get up. Than one of the patients says you have a spot on your pants. Like what...well my period came on. I mean COME...ON! I am going to get my period too! Sheeze....what a way to start this puppy rolling. Any way...I am a little weary but cool. I catch the elevator down stairs and T picks me up and away we go!






Chemo puts a Sistha Down, down, down, down

Well we went to Ruby Tuesday's , T got something to eat and I had a lemon drop martini...Ok so maybe that wasn't the best choice, but I got it anyway.
T takes me home. I lay down on the couch and there I lay for the weekend. I am sick to my stomach. I cannot seem to get a hold of when I take my medicine for nausea. I am too sick to think. I feel very weak. I just cannot move.

On Monday, T and I go the doctor to receive my Neulasta Shot. This shot is necessary to build my white blood cells up. This shot hurt. My God it hurt. It felt like fire going into my arm. Than the body aches came. I damn near cried. We did not know what to do, I was nauseated and I was in pain.
Terry called our nurse, Ms. Patty and she called in a new nausea medicine. It did not work, I tried another, it did not work. I moved from the couch to the bed and I remained in the bed until 5/26. I could not move, except to go to the bathroom or to try to take a shower.

We could not wait to talk to Dr. Kim, we need an adjustment, and we need something. I refused to be completed debilitated regarding my treatment.



No comments:

Post a Comment