Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Save the TATA take 2

Save the TATA take 2

A re-excision is not really major surgery. It is an outpatient surgery. It goes right back into the first incision to extract more tissue.

I felt the entourage needed to stay home. Just T and I.

Everything is everything. It went well. Dr. B is the bomb. Great surgeon. Nice man.

Well he said it would take 3 days to determine if I got clear margins.

So we play the waiting game again.





It is D-day....


2nd time is a charm. Right? WRONG!

The margins are not clear. I have only one decision to make. A mastectomy with reconstruction or with out.

I am not even out of surgery for 3 days and I got to call my boss and let her know my margins are not clear.

She is speechless. Everyone is speechless. My brothers are mad. Especially Jeff. He says you need a second opinion. I am like nope. I am sticking with my doctor. I like him. He is smart and I am T vibe with him.

This is not about second opinions. It is about probabilities and I fell into the 30 %! I was calmer this time. Still pissed but calmer.

Now I wanted to hear what the folks who had advocated so hard to save the TATA had to say. Now do not get me wrong, I know they wished me well and that they were providing me with guidance to save me from undo and unnecessary impact and surgeries. But did you have to advocate so passionately for the TATA!

I mean really. It is just a breast. Just think if I had really bought into that the mastectomy would impact my life beyond measures. I would be in a world of trouble babe, I world of trouble. Because 3 days later, I had to have a mastectomy.

No if, and or buts. I am one of the small percentage of folks who go through the whole gambit of surgeries ... the other ca vet to this, is that I have made these decisions in less than 4 weeks. I have had 2 surgeries in less than 4 weeks and am getting ready to have a 3rd in 2 more.






No comments:

Post a Comment