Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 9, 2014

The TA TA Drama or to keep or take the breast aka TA TA

To save or not save the TATA

To save or not save the TATA. Man, everybody. I mean everybody has got an opinion.
First thing out of my mouth to Dr. B was get rid of it. I mean it is causing me problems. It is a bad TATA.

Dr. B said think about it. I will call u on Monday and we can set an appoint as soon as you want. Well I want it this week He said I can set something up for the following Thursday. You just need to make a decision as to what you want.

Mind blowing Decisions.....

Well I started to read. Spoke to Ms. Yvonne my nurse navigator and my Auntie who is a breast cancer survivor and just an amazing woman period. Talked to my coworkers, friends, breast cancer survivors and T. T has only said do what you want, but if you have a mastectomy consider reconstruction at the same time. As you are vain and I think knowing you got a breast coming will help. Ok, ok, whatever.

Well I am a girl who researches, takes the facts, weighs the probabilities and makes a decision.

I decided to have the lumpectomy. Now you got to understand something else. I have a great fear of surgeries. Great fear. If I can avoid having them I will. But I am no fool. I know that this is the first step in this process of saving my life and kicking cancers a#$! But I do not like it.

I am also a person who though may be a drama queen, I do not often accept help very graciously. I am independent and proud. I have a great support group of girlfriends and family. But I do not let many people be close to me. Just how I am. Well I had to make a change....I had to be gracious enough to accept help....Because frankly T and I needed it.






No comments:

Post a Comment