Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 5, 2014

I have Cancer but Cancer does not have me!

I have cancer. I have breast cancer! I Have Breast Cancer. I HAVE BREAST CANCER!
It was like a hook to a song... Over and Over it rang in my head, I have breast cancer, I HAVE BREAST CANCER!

Yvonne Pike (nurse navigator)came back and gave us the name of a surgeon we would see. Dr. Eric Baskhoff. She said just by talking to us, she felt that our personality and his would jibe. You see T and I are straight liquor no chaser. What I mean by that , is we are not the cuddly type, don't hold our hands. Let us know baby and we will make it do what it do!

I like it straight and she said he would give it to me straight and he is an excellent surgeon.

She also said do not go to the Internet. It may be too much to take in right now. I was like oh ok. Our appointment was Friday. 3 days of waiting! 3 days of having to embrace that I have this chronic illness that so many women live with and die from.

I decided right than that I have Cancer but Cancer does not have me!

The Adventures of Vick the Communication Diva
www.opndoor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment